By Stephanie Linville, Director of Market Research & Pricing The customer experience (CX) is no longer a series of independent interactions customers have with the various touch points in our organization; it’s an ongoing dialogue between Bekins and our customers. This journey begins when customers are deciding which van line… Continue reading.
It’s National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (Sept. 14-20) and here at Bekins Van Lines, we are taking the time to show our appreciation to the people that are dedicated to delivering successful household moves. As part of showing our appreciation, we would like you to participate! It’s easy and you… Continue reading.
In an effort to make Bekins’ official blog a more user-friendly experience, some important and helpful changes have been made to This is Moving. Because these changes might not be obvious to the unsuspecting eye, it’s worthwhile to take the time to explain these new features and how they benefit… Continue reading.
15. Prepare to move your appliances. Many of your kitchen and laundry appliances – refrigerators, dishwasher, washing machines and others – require a bit of preparation to move. It will make your moving experience much easier if you prepare to move these appliances several days before your actual move. Bekins… Continue reading.
14. Use towels to stuff boxes. Packing is an art, and just like any art, it can take a lot of practice. It can be a challenge to fit items perfectly in to moving boxes and sometimes it can be nearly impossible! Bekins recommends though to not have any empty… Continue reading.
13. Drain all the oil and gas from your power tools prior to moving. This may seem like a no-brainer, but when you’re constantly thinking of things that need to be done before a move, it’s easy to forget. Bekins Van Lines, and any other van line, will not transport… Continue reading.
12. Ensure your pets are ready for a move. There’s no question that moves are stressful for all parties involved. Leaving a familiar place to go somewhere completely unknown can be a traumatic experience, and not just for the humans involved. Imagine an animal who has never known any place… Continue reading.
11. Donate unwanted or unused items. One of the most challenging aspects about moving can be sifting through closets or rooms that are filled to capacity with old items that haven’t been used in years. It’s amazing how much stuff human beings can accumulate over time, and how much of… Continue reading.
Last weekend, Bekins Transfer and Storage, agent for Bekins Van Lines, Inc., held a food drive in their home state of Pennsylvania. This food drive was a collaborative effort between Move For Hunger, Redner’s Market and Bekins Transfer and Storage. The food drive was set up in front of the entrance of… Continue reading.
10. Update your driver’s license and license plate. There is a lot to think about during the moving process, especially once you’ve arrived to your new location. There are boxes to be unpacked, furniture to be arranged, and schedules to coordinate. Going to the BMV to change your driver’s license… Continue reading.