15. Prepare to move your appliances. Many of your kitchen and laundry appliances – refrigerators, dishwasher, washing machines and others – require a bit of preparation to move. It will make your moving experience much easier if you prepare to move these appliances several days before your actual move. Bekins… Continue reading.
14. Use towels to stuff boxes. Packing is an art, and just like any art, it can take a lot of practice. It can be a challenge to fit items perfectly in to moving boxes and sometimes it can be nearly impossible! Bekins recommends though to not have any empty… Continue reading.
13. Drain all the oil and gas from your power tools prior to moving. This may seem like a no-brainer, but when you’re constantly thinking of things that need to be done before a move, it’s easy to forget. Bekins Van Lines, and any other van line, will not transport… Continue reading.
12. Ensure your pets are ready for a move. There’s no question that moves are stressful for all parties involved. Leaving a familiar place to go somewhere completely unknown can be a traumatic experience, and not just for the humans involved. Imagine an animal who has never known any place… Continue reading.
11. Donate unwanted or unused items. One of the most challenging aspects about moving can be sifting through closets or rooms that are filled to capacity with old items that haven’t been used in years. It’s amazing how much stuff human beings can accumulate over time, and how much of… Continue reading.
Last weekend, Bekins Transfer and Storage, agent for Bekins Van Lines, Inc., held a food drive in their home state of Pennsylvania. This food drive was a collaborative effort between Move For Hunger, Redner’s Market and Bekins Transfer and Storage. The food drive was set up in front of the entrance of… Continue reading.
10. Update your driver’s license and license plate. There is a lot to think about during the moving process, especially once you’ve arrived to your new location. There are boxes to be unpacked, furniture to be arranged, and schedules to coordinate. Going to the BMV to change your driver’s license… Continue reading.
9. Clean your new house upon arrival. The idea of cleaning as soon as you arrive in a new house might sound unappealing. There are so many other things to do – why should I waste time cleaning first thing? Bekins understands just how much has to get done within… Continue reading.
8. Save your receipts This might seem like an archaic habit, but saving your receipts during a move is extremely important. Remember that blog post we had earlier about buying a notebook? If you buy a big notebook with lots of pockets to organize, it won’t be hard to save… Continue reading.
7. Use packing labels. During the packing and moving process, it’s tempting to want to stuff items haphazardly into boxes just to get the job done. You will thank yourself though if you employ a little bit of organization to your packing process and pack by room. Packing room-by-room gives… Continue reading.