Google produces a plethora of tools that enable a person’s life to be organized to the max. Since we’re always trying to make moves easier and less stressful, we decided to investigate and test many of Google’s tools to determine which would be most helpful during an interstate move. If… Continue reading.
What is a moving broker? Moving brokers are often described as the middlemen between the customer and the moving company. The theory behind the broker model is that you, the customer, will have access to multiple, competitive moving quotes through a single source, the broker. While there are moving brokers… Continue reading.
How do I start? Bekins Van Lines knows that the moving process can be intimidating and overwhelming, especially if this is a first-time move. It’s hard to know where to begin when it seems like there’s a whole mountain of tasks to accomplish. Take a deep breath though. If you’re… Continue reading.
It’s almost as if our smart phones have become another extension of our bodies – wherever we go, our iPhone, Android or other communication device is sure to follow. There’s a good reason: these gadgets are handy and can help us out with almost every facet of our lives –… Continue reading.
15. Prepare to move your appliances. Many of your kitchen and laundry appliances – refrigerators, dishwasher, washing machines and others – require a bit of preparation to move. It will make your moving experience much easier if you prepare to move these appliances several days before your actual move. Bekins… Continue reading.
14. Use towels to stuff boxes. Packing is an art, and just like any art, it can take a lot of practice. It can be a challenge to fit items perfectly in to moving boxes and sometimes it can be nearly impossible! Bekins recommends though to not have any empty… Continue reading.
13. Drain all the oil and gas from your power tools prior to moving. This may seem like a no-brainer, but when you’re constantly thinking of things that need to be done before a move, it’s easy to forget. Bekins Van Lines, and any other van line, will not transport… Continue reading.
12. Ensure your pets are ready for a move. There’s no question that moves are stressful for all parties involved. Leaving a familiar place to go somewhere completely unknown can be a traumatic experience, and not just for the humans involved. Imagine an animal who has never known any place… Continue reading.
11. Donate unwanted or unused items. One of the most challenging aspects about moving can be sifting through closets or rooms that are filled to capacity with old items that haven’t been used in years. It’s amazing how much stuff human beings can accumulate over time, and how much of… Continue reading.
10. Update your driver’s license and license plate. There is a lot to think about during the moving process, especially once you’ve arrived to your new location. There are boxes to be unpacked, furniture to be arranged, and schedules to coordinate. Going to the BMV to change your driver’s license… Continue reading.