Why You Should Move in the Winter
- Moving in the winter can save you money when hiring a moving company. Most household moving companies have cheaper rates compared to the peak moving months (May to September). Bekins currently offers This is moving. Relocation Program where you can save $150 and receive other service guarantees on your upcoming move.
- Movers are more flexible with dates in the winter. You may not need to give as much notice or you may even get your household goods quicker.
- Weather permitting, travel can be quicker due to the lack of cars and construction on the roads.
- There are less homes on the market during the winter and sellers often are eager to move from their residences.
- There can be fewer buyers during the winter because more people prefer to move in the warmer months.
- Due to a decrease in volume during the winter, mortgage lenders usually have fewer loans and less paperwork to process.
- Due to the slower market, real estate professionals have more time to devote to your search for a new home.
- Lenders may forgo certain fees to stay busy in the off-season.
- Because landlords want to fill vacant apartments and homes in the winter, they are more likely to entice you to move with bonus offers, lower rent or a smaller deposit.
To learn more about how to organize a winter move and how to make your move as easy and stress-free as it can possibly be, contact Bekins for a free moving quote. Don’t allow the thought of bad weather to interfere with making the right move!