With some preparation, winter might be the easiest and cheapest time to move. Plus, who wants to wait until the busy spring and summer months to relocate? Here are the top 10 reasons to consider moving in the winter:
Why You Should Move in the Winter
- Moving in the winter can save you money when hiring a moving company. Most household moving companies have cheaper rates compared to the peak moving months (May to September). Bekins currently offers This is moving. Relocation Program where you can save $150 and receive other service guarantees on your upcoming move.
- Movers are more flexible with dates in the winter. You may not need to give as much notice or you may even get your household goods quicker.
- Weather permitting, travel can be quicker due to the lack of cars and construction on the roads.
- There are less homes on the market during the winter and sellers often are eager to move from their residences.
- There can be fewer buyers during the winter because more people prefer to move in the warmer months.
- Due to a decrease in volume during the winter, mortgage lenders usually have fewer loans and less paperwork to process.
- Due to the slower market, real estate professionals have more time to devote to your search for a new home.
- Lenders may forgo certain fees to stay busy in the off-season.
- Because landlords want to fill vacant apartments and homes in the winter, they are more likely to entice you to move with bonus offers, lower rent or a smaller deposit.
To learn more about how to organize a winter move and how to make your move as easy and stress-free as it can possibly be, contact Bekins for a free moving quote. Don’t allow the thought of bad weather to interfere with making the right move!