Household & Residential Moves
Bekins is the Residential Mover for You
When moving your family, you want professional movers who know exactly what they’re doing. Movers who have the expertise and the track record to back up their promise of a hassle-free move. For that type of experience, Bekins is your team.
Our residential movers provide both local and long distance moving services. So whether you are moving in-city or out of state, Bekins has you covered.
Bekins is one of the nation’s leading residential moving companies because we sweat the details so you don’t have to—which is why we’ve been around for 125 years. We’re residential movers you can trust.
We offer a variety of moving services to fit your needs and your budget. A few of our residential moving services include:
- Moving appliances, Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment, pianos, automobiles and much more
- Moving Protection
As your trusted residential mover, Bekins commits to treating your belongings with the utmost care and lightening your stress on moving day.
We’ll arrive on-site to oversee all technical aspects of your move, from packing your fine china to getting your sofa out the door and to your new destination. You can even receive a free estimate before we start the job.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can Bekins Van Lines move me locally?
Van Lines has a nationwide network of agent partners throughout the United States to help you with your local move. Find A Local Agent near you!
How Much Does it Cost to Move a House?
The cost of your residential move depends on how far you’re moving, the weight of your items and the type of belongings you need moved. To get an idea of how much your cross country move will cost with Bekins, fill out our in-home estimate form. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! We would love to help you get started with your household move.
What is the Best Way to Move From One House to Another?
The best way to make your residential move successful is to work with a reputable moving company like Bekins Van Lines. We can cover everything from packing to loading to delivery. Alongside working with a trustworthy moving company, there are other ways you can ensure a smooth move, including:
- Get rid of stuff you don’t need. Downsizing before you pack or as you pack is a great way to make your move less stressful and less expensive.
- Create a moving checklist or folder. This is a great way to stay organized. If you need help getting started with your to-do list, check out our helpful moving guides and tips on our blog!
- Organize and pack your belongings as early as possible. This will give you peace of mind as the big day approaches.
- Pack an essentials bag or box. This will ensure that you have what you need for the first 24 hours at your new house. Unsure what to pack? Check out our blog!
- Contact your utility providers to schedule service at your new home.
- Book your moving company as soon as possible. Moving companies are often booked out months in advance—especially in the spring and summer. Plan ahead, figure out your moving day and book your moving company ASAP.
What kind of boxes do I need for my household move?
Having the right kind of packing boxes can make a world of difference on moving day. It’s probably not surprising to hear that having small, medium, and large boxes is necessary. However, it’s also extremely helpful to have specialty boxes like wardrobe and dish boxes. Learn more about how to pack like a pro!
How do I protect my floors during a move?
The best way to protect your flooring during your next move is to cover it. You can cover your floors with linens like towels, sheets, or blankets, broken down cardboard boxes, or with commercial floor coverings. Other ways to protect your floors during a move is to never drag your furniture; use a rubber-wheeled dolly to move your belongings. Learn more!