Bekins Van Lines also provides you with box labels to ensure a smooth and successful moving experience. Simply print out the labels and attach to your moving boxes. For better organization, define what room the items came from and what exactly is contained in the box.
Bekins Van Lines uses only the finest moving supplies to handle your items. Below is a list of different types of cartons we can provide to ensure a smooth and successful move:
- Book cartons: Small, easy to handle cartons designed for heavy items like books, CD’s, and DVD’s. Be sure not to overload the carton, as it may become too heavy for handling. Be sure to individually wrap any very old or valuable books.
- Medium cartons: This size box is ideal for small appliances, tools, non-perishable food or clothing. Packing similar items together will make unpacking easier.
- Large cartons: These boxes are very useful for packing light weight, bulky items such as pillows, linens and large toys.
- Dishpacks: These cartons are reinforced with cellular inserts to further protect items such as crystal stemware, china, glassware, figurines and sculptures. Each carton should be labeled, “Fragile-This End Up” to avoid damage.
- Upright Cartons: These cartons are used for lamps, statues and other items that require a special size.
- Wardrobe Boxes: Use these boxes as a portable closet to help move your clothing. Clothing remains on hangers so that they stay wrinkle-free and clean.
- Mirror/Picture Cartons: Specially designed telescoping cartons fit mirrors, pictures and glass tabletops exactly. Each carton has heavy corrugated braces that reinforce each corner.
- Mattress Cartons: Available from crib to king mattress sizes, they will protect mattresses and box springs from dirt and tearing and help to provide structural support to avoid bending.
Most items should be wrapped in some sort of protective wrap to ensure their safety throughout a move. Bekins recommends:
- Newsprint: This material provides a clean surface for your items. The newsprint should be unprinted and used for wrapping and padding.
- Bubble pack: Offering greater cushioning and protection, bubble pack should be used for more fragile items.
Please be aware that your electronic equipment may require special preparation. Be sure to detach all cords and wires and keep them in a labeled bag so that you know where they belong. When moving computers, scanners or printers, be sure to detach cords and wires, paper trays, etc, and label all cables and wires for easy re-assembly. Be sure to use well padded, sturdy cartons to cushion the equipment. Mark these items, “fragile.” Flat screen TVs, (plasmas, LCDs or LEDs) will require extra padding and protection. If possible, pack it in its original carton. If these cartons are not available, consider crating the item prior to moving day.
Want to learn more? View all of our packing tips.