COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
How Can I Move Safely During the COVID-19 Outbreak?
Our priority at Bekins is the health and safety of our customers and employees. As an essential service, we are still in operation to serve you… but with a few changes. We’re taking extra precautions to help limit the spread of the virus.
- We are now providing virtual estimates in order to minimize individuals in your home
- Our expert team of movers will greet you with smiles rather than handshakes
- We ask that you allow our crew access to a sink and soap for frequent hand washing
- Boxes and packing material will be available for purchase in order to limit the spread of germs from used boxes
- Following current conditions as they relate to COVID-19 in terms of our crew wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- As of July 14, 2021, to the extent that it is acceptable to our customers and complies with state and local laws, drivers and crew members may forego the wearing of facemasks.
- We recommend advance communication with the customer to ensure clarity from the outset.
- If a customer’s consent is contingent upon proof of vaccination, our drivers and crew will produce their COVID-19 vaccination record cards.
- Bekins still requires facemasks if that is what the customer requests.
- For all Military shipments, masks still must be worn inside the customer’s residence, including the drivers and crew as well as the customer and their family. If drivers and crew are fully vaccinated and can show proof, they may take off their masks outside the home per state and local guidelines. If drivers and crew are not fully vaccinated, they must always wear a mask.
Can Bekins Accommodate My Moving Schedule?
If anyone in your household may have contracted the virus or you need to self-isolate, contact your local Bekins agent. It is our goal to accommodate your schedule and make your move a hassle-free experience!
How Do I Get a Virtual Moving Quote During COVID-19?
If you’re moving during the COVID-19 pandemic, get a virtual moving quote to limit the amount of people in your home. Learn more about our alternative survey options or contact your local Bekins Agent to get started!