The Bekins Blog
Bekins National Moving Month Tip #13: Oil & Gas
13. Drain all the oil and gas from your power tools prior to moving.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but when you’re constantly thinking of things that need to be done before a move, it’s easy to forget.
Bekins Van Lines, and any other van line, will not transport items that are flammable or have gasoline inside them. Considering the price of gasoline, it would be unfortunate to forget about this prior to a move and waste a tank of gas.
Along with gasoline, here is a list of other items to leave behind when packing:
- Aerosol cans
- Heating agents
- Nail polish/remover
- Fire extinguishers
- Any type of gas in bottles or tanks, including propane or oxygen
- Paints, varnishes, solvents, thinners and oils
- Ammonia, bleach and other household cleaning agents
- Chlorine granules or powders
- Muriatic acid (aka hydrochloric acid)
- Auto batteries
- Charcoal/lighter fluid
- Matches and lighters
- Any other combustible product
Can you think of any other items you should leave behind when moving?
Be sure to brush up on your moving facts by checking out the rest of Bekins’ moving tips.