The Bekins Blog
6 Tips to Sell Your Home – Fast!
Congratulations on deciding to move; now you need to sell your house. Whether you’re moving across town or the country, we have some great tips to help you sell it, fast. Keeping your house in showing condition at all times is essential. You never know when a Realtor® may have potential buyers wanting to see your home.
1. Most buyers will drive by a house before deciding they want to see the inside. Help invite buyers into your home by creating a welcoming front porch. A tasteful, decorative wreath, a few flower pots and a welcome mat will make your home seem warm and inviting.
2. We recommend a thorough cleaning to help get your home in ready condition. After the deep cleaning, you will want to continue to keep your home neat and tidy. Last week, we detailed a simple cleaning plan that works with even the busiest of schedules. Here is a link to help simplify your daily tidying routine.
3. Help buyers envision themselves in your home by keeping clutter to a minimum. Take a few minutes each day to make sure that your home is clutter free by paying particular attention to common junk collecting spaces, such as countertops, fireplace mantels, the laundry room, magazine racks and coffee tables.
4. Now is a great time to donate or sell items that you do not plan on taking with you to your new home. Evaluate each room and remove any extra or nonessential furniture so you can showcase your home’s floor plan and space. Potential buyers will have an easier time imagining their couch in your family room if it isn’t overcrowded and the furniture arrangement promotes freedom of movement. Check your bedroom closets and remove extra clothing. While you may love the versatility of a massive wardrobe, potential buyers will only see a small closet and a lack of storage space.
5. To make potential buyers feel at home, remove photos and set the table. Having family photos around the home makes it more difficult for potential buyers to connect with a home emotionally. By contrast, setting the dining room table enables buyers to envision themselves having dinner in your home with their loved ones. It also looks nice.
6. Finally, avoid artificial aromas, which may aggravate the allergies of potential buyers. One of our favorite natural and economical home hacks is using vanilla extract as a home scent. To do this, simply place a small dab of vanilla extract on cool light bulbs. Once the lights are on, the heat from the bulbs will help disperse a light and pleasant vanilla aroma throughout your home.
Whether you’re moving across the street or the globe, a Bekins agent will do the heavy lifting for you. Contact Arpin today to find out how our skilled, professional movers can take the hassle out of your move.