7. Use packing labels. During the packing and moving process, it’s tempting to want to stuff items haphazardly into boxes just to get the job done. You will thank yourself though if you employ a little bit of organization to your packing process and pack by room. Packing room-by-room gives… Continue reading.
6. Once you know the layout of your new home, sketch a floor plan. Moving and relocation can definitely be a daunting task. Nothing is really simple when moving – even deciding what furniture to take. The furniture that fits in your current house might not fit in your new… Continue reading.
5. Donate your non-perishable food items If you went to look in your food pantry right now, what would you see? Probably a lot of non-perishable food items, many of which are in heavy aluminum or tin cans. If you know that most moving companies charge not only by the… Continue reading.
4. Don’t forget to change the locks on your new house. We know that there are countless things to think about once you make a big move and start settling in to your new home. One good thing to keep in the back of your mind is to change the locks… Continue reading.
3. Keep your boxes as light as possible. It is tempting to try to be extremely efficient and fit as much as possible in to each of your moving boxes. The hazard with doing that is that the boxes can become overstuffed and too heavy. We recommend not putting more… Continue reading.
2. Take pictures of your electronics before you unhook and pack them up. There’s nothing worse than unhooking a complicated sound system and realizing you don’t have the manual to help you re-hook it up. We’re extremely visual people, so take several pictures. Take them from different angles. Have a variety… Continue reading.
1. Invest in a high-quality notebook Organization during a move is so important. Throughout the moving process, you’ll probably acquire lots of loose papers, receipts, notes, business cards and more. It’s easy to lose these materials, so we’ve found purchasing a notebook complete with pouches, big pages, and folders is… Continue reading.
When you think of the month of May, you might think about budding flowers, the end of the school year, and the beginning of warm weather. We at Bekins Van Lines are thinking about celebrating. May is National Moving Month and we are excited to share and celebrate our wealth of… Continue reading.
In a move designed to drive more Internet-based sales leads and provide more information and educational opportunities to customers, the van line has redesigned and redeveloped its Bekins Web site. The Web site has a new look as well as a customer-first user interface. In addition to launching the… Continue reading.
As professional movers, Bekins wants to help you make your relocation as peaceful as possible. One of the keys to a smooth, successful move is planning and organizing the details. Sweating the small stuff sooner than later can help prepare you for a stress-free move. Simply print this list and… Continue reading.