It’s been one month since National Moving Month began. That means we’re one month in to the busiest time in the moving industry season. To celebrate this month, Bekins produced a series of moving tips to help ensure a smooth and successful move. Now that we’re at the end of the month, let’s take a look back at the tips that we provided.
Bekins’ National Moving Month Tips:
- Invest in a high quality notebook.
- Take pictures of your electronics before unhooking and packing.
- Keep your boxes as light as possible.
- Don’t forget to change the locks on your new house.
- Donate your non perishable-food items.
- Once you know the layout of your new home, sketch a floor plan.
- Use packing labels.
- Save your receipts.
- Clean your new house upon arrival.
- Update your driver’s license and license plate.
- Donate unwanted or unused items.
- Ensure your pets are ready for a move.
- Drain all the oil and gas from your power tools prior to moving.
- Use towels to stuff boxes.
- Prepare to move your appliances.