The Bekins Blog
Bekins Recaps: National Moving Month
It’s been one month since National Moving Month began. That means we’re one month in to the busiest time in the moving industry season. To celebrate this month, Bekins produced a series of moving tips to help ensure a smooth and successful move. Now that we’re at the end of the month, let’s take a look back at the tips that we provided.
Bekins’ National Moving Month Tips:
- Invest in a high quality notebook.
- Take pictures of your electronics before unhooking and packing.
- Keep your boxes as light as possible.
- Don’t forget to change the locks on your new house.
- Donate your non perishable-food items.
- Once you know the layout of your new home, sketch a floor plan.
- Use packing labels.
- Save your receipts.
- Clean your new house upon arrival.
- Update your driver’s license and license plate.
- Donate unwanted or unused items.
- Ensure your pets are ready for a move.
- Drain all the oil and gas from your power tools prior to moving.
- Use towels to stuff boxes.
- Prepare to move your appliances.